28 February 2008

Outside Lands Festival

The Outside Lands Festival that is rumored to take place in Golden Gate Park this August might just be one of the worst concert ideas I've ever heard of.

Radiohead.

Jack Johnson.

Tom Petty.

Three HUGE headliners. Each with its own die-hard fan base, I'm sure. And yet, I don't see a whole lot of overlap amongst these fans... That is, not a lot of people who are Radiohead fanatics are equally excited about oh-so-dreamy surfer boy Jack Johnson.

Maybe I'm all wrong here, but if I want to see Radiohead, which I do, I know it's going to be crowded and expensive and tickets are going to be damn near impossible to score. So why would I also want to see Jack Johnson and Tom Petty, who come with their own fans, to compete for tickets and standing room and to wait in line for the port-a-potties with.

Then again, it might just be the most epic concert of a lifetime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for the lovely comment!! I hope you contine reading Trendinista. Feel free to email me anytime with comments/suggestions/etc.

Best,

Jill